September 02, 2014
2015: Alao-Akala declares intention on Thursday
AYODEJI EMMANUEL No comments
A former governor of Oyo State, Otunba
Adebayo Alao-Akala, would on Thursday formally
declare his intention to contest the governorship
election in the state in 2015.
Alao-Akala told newsmen in Ibadan that he would
make his intention known at a forum billed for
the Watershed Events Centre in the state capital.
Alao-Akala, an aspirant on the platform of the
PDP, would be seeking the governorship position
against the background of other aspirants from
the ruling APC and the PDP.
The governorship aspirant, who is from
Ogbomoso, said he would hold a procession with
his supporters round the capital on Thursday
morning before moving to the venue.
It would be recalled that Alao-Akala, who was
elected as a deputy governor to former Gov.
Rashidi Ladoja in 2003, later governed the state
between 2007 and 2011.
- Adamawa Election: APC clears aspirants
- I can swear in Oba shrine PDP did not offer us money —Edo Dep Speaker
- NANS endorses President Goodluck Jonathan for second term
- Senate president, Mark wants Mimiko’s defection to PDP celebrated
- Adieu, Prof Dora Akunyili
- Bola Tinubu’s Health In Unfavourable Condition; Fails To Recognise Family In US
You must log in to post a comment.